Post 18 March 2020
As you know the Coronavirus has become a major issue dominating all aspects of life. The Post leadership met this past Sunday and the District also held a leadership meeting this evening on this issue. We take this matter very seriously and want you to know the changes that are now in place.
Post rules for being on the premises:
1. Any person exhibiting cold symptoms will be denied entry and/or required to leave the premises.
2. Do not come to the Post if you are not feeling well, sniffling, sneezing etc..
3. Do not come to the Post if you or a family member have been exposed to the virus.
4. Any member who contracts the virus is to inform me as soon as practicable so proper measures can be taken on behalf of the Post.
4. No hand to hand, or any other personal contact is permitted on the premises.
1. The entire Canteen including all contact surfaces are being sanitized everyday at opening and closing.
2. Once a patron leaves the Canteen, the table or bar area where that person was sitting will be sanitized.
There are no mandatory shutdown or other requirements from higher at this time. The Post will maintain all regular hours of operation. Steak nights and Thursday night trivia will continue as scheduled. Our next Post meeting will remain on Tuesday April 14th at 6:30PM (for the newer members, the date was moved previously to accommodate the Masters).
However, the cornhole tournament on March 28th is postponed until further notice.
1. Steak night will continue but with changes to minimize crowds.
2. Tickets are still on sale. The next steak night is this Saturday and the next after that will be April 4th.
3. Tickets are now divided into three groups- 1st time slot 5:00 to 7:00PM; 2nd time slot- 7:00PM to 9:00PM; and Take-Out. When purchasing a ticket you need to indicate which you want.
4, We will bring the food out to your car if that is what you would prefer.
5. The food will continue to be excellent, don’t deny yourself a great meal.
Thursday night trivia
1. Our second trivia night will be tomorrow starting at 7:00.
Everything is subject to change. If you have any questions let me know.
Posted 7 February 2020
AspenDental’s MouthMobile is visiting Augusta to provide free dental services for veterans on 3/12 from 0800-1700. Appointments are required. Call 706.251.7917, option 2 for appointment info. The MouthMobile is handicap accessible and provides X-ray and operatory space.
Healthy Mouth Movement | Free Dental Care here for information.
Posted 28 January 2020
Scout of the Year
I’ve attached a copy of the Scout of the Year information and nomination form. This is a VFW National Competition for those who have achieved the highest rank in the various Scouting programs and has a $5,000 prize. The deadline for entries to the Post are March 1st. There is a bit of work that needs to be done to enter but the types of young men and women this award applies to should be able to handle it. If you know anyone who is eligible, we want them to apply. CLICK BELOW LINK FOR ENTRY FORM:
Scout of the Year Brochure and Entry Form (CLICK HERE)
Posted: 16 January 2020
Veterans Administration Vietnam Ceremony
Posted 27 December, 2019
With the upcoming new year lets build some new post news together. Send your pictures or post related news to email@example.com
Posted 9 August 2019
Give Something to Those Who Gave.
Vet Tix * provides tickets to events which reduce stress, strengthen family bonds, build life-long memories and encourage service members and veterans to stay engaged with local communities and American life. We support our troops by honoring their service and providing positive family and life experiences, during and after their years of service to our country.
Vet Tix provides tickets to all branches of currently-serving Military and Veterans, including immediate family of troops KIA.
Vet Tix secures tickets to sporting events, concerts, performing arts, educational and family activities across the nation. VetTixers sign up online. We verify their service. VetTixers request tickets to events that interest them, then pay a small delivery fee to receive their free tickets.
Check out additional information here.
Posted 29 June 2019
United Heros League
The United Heroes League provides sports equipment, sport camps, subsidizes association fees, and distributes NHL, NBA, MLB, NFL, MLS and NCAA game tickets to children of Veterans and Servicemembers.
Check out additional information here.
Posted 10 June 2019
Increasing Veterans’ access to health care
The MISSION Act strengthens VA’s ability to deliver trusted, easy to access, high quality care at VA facilities, virtually through telehealth, and in your community. That means you get the care and services you need, where and when you need them.
Click here for additional information
Posted 1 June 2019
Disabled Veterans eligible for free National Park Service Lifetime Access Pass
Good for entry into 400+ National Parks and over 2,000 recreation sites across the country.
Click here for additional information.